Articles tagged with: 2010 World Cup
After a meal out, my friend asked if I wanted to ‘Go Dutch’. I agreed, tripped him up, kicked him, then went home crying.
Victoria’s Secret has launched a new bra named Holland, it has a lot of support, but no cup!… Read the rest
When people mention the nation Columbia, unfortunately many of us think of an expensive white powdery substance. There is a reason for this, because Columbia is the world’s supplier of cocaine. Much of that coke is consumed far from Columbia though, and there tons of stories of drug mules, cocaine laden submarines and whatever else the drug-lords can figure out what to stuff drugs into for transportation abroad.
But this my friends shows pure originality. Yahoo sports is reporting a story about how a routine security check at Bogota International Airport found a 14 inch replica world cup trophy make up of 11 kilos of coke. It was even painted just like the real thing. The package was destined for Madrid. This just goes to show the World Cup spirit can be found all over the world in many different forms.… Read the rest
Today we got the gift of two very exciting matches, as the Dutch knocked off Brazil, and Uruguay had luck on their side as Ghana missed an extra time pk. Tomorrow we get to see two of the best attacking squads, Argentina and Germany face off at 7am. This should be a very intense match. Spain will square off with Paraguay at 11am and with today in mind, anything can happen.
- Dirty Tackle – The special beverage fueling Paraguay
- Guardian – Diego Maradona claims to have God’s backing … again!
- Washington Post – South America leads the way into quarterfinals
- Mao’s Football – World Cup coverage and EPL updates just keep coming
- Time – One Man’s Plans For Ear-Splitting Justice
- Guardian – The Joy of Six: World Cup refereeing controversies
- Pitch Invasion – Paying Peter Hargitay: The Price Of A World Cup Bid
- Pitch Invasion – What’s Next For Bob
The faithful will have to wait another four years to even have a chance to see our USA team play in the World Cup. The Algeria game was a super high, after 91 minutes of heartbreak, we were saved, today after 120 minutes we are broken. Forced to drink and think about those damn Rowdies and then the tainted meat of flounder. At this point, a couple of Timber victories here can erase the thoughts of what could have been for the US.
As, the ads say the US is respected, but respect is not enough, we proved that we are a team on the world stage, 6 straight WC appearances after a 40 year drought is something to be proud of. Now the focus is on to build the next squad of men who can take the US to the next level. 2014 and 2022 sounds millions of miles … Read the rest
USA v England Recaps and Reactions
The Mirror – Football Comedy: England vs USA – the aftermath
The Mirror – Green: I have mental strength to respond from England error
Guardian – England need Wayne Rooney’s spark after usual misfire
Guardian – US v England in Lego, brick by brick replay
TV Ratings – Big Numbers For USA/England
Youtube World Cup Videos
YouTube – Kiwi’s get first WC point ever! Shirtless celebration ensues.
YouTube - Brazil’s Manicon scores the tournament’s most beautiful goal, intended or not.
YouTube – North Korea shows the world how to score on Brazil. Great first touch by the scorer.
YouTube – North Koreans working out in a public gym. That’s crazy.
YouTube – Australian Tim Cahill gets … Read the rest
June 29, 1950 – We beat England 1-nil in World Cup Shocker
June 12, 2010 – ?
Portland Soccer Bars
Live feed of Logo Unveiling
or just tune in on Katu Channel 2 or espn360.com
Come chat in our forums as you watch the game live.
We’ll wake up when you do!
- USA v England Preview – The Jenga Puzzle
- USA v England Viewing Party in Downtown Portland and Timbers MLS Crest revealing.
- ESPN complete TV Schedule
- 2010 World Cup Calendar must see circular calender.
- Printable Schedule
- Mao’s Football with pictures of all 32 home/away kits.
- Google Earth Tour of all the venues.
- ESPN World Cup Murals for all the teams.
- Guardian World Cup page is a great place for match results and commentary.
- Sports Illustrated Q&A piece with old school commentator Martin Tyler.
- Pitch Invasion explores the US’s path to winning.
- Oregon Live’s Kip Kesgard gives you his take.
- Top 100 WAGs, that’s wives and girlfriends, for you non pervs.
- One last thing, don’t be the guy that complains about the noise coming